Mental noodling on issues close to my heart.

Monday, April 20, 2009

It's only been 8 weeks??

Life has become a new thing for me in the last eight weeks. Has it really been only eight weeks? It's hard for me to believe that it hasn't been eight months. I mean that in the best way, too. Having an (extremely) significant other again has made my personal clock run faster. Life had slowed down since Alanna died - dreadfully slow by my accounting. Janice has re-wound my clock and it is working fine again. Praise God!

We are expanding into each other's lives in powerful ways. I have met some of Janice's family. She'll meet my mom when Grammy comes to visit this Friday. I've helped her son with homework. She's shopped with my daughter. We have gone to each other's houses for meals, with and without kids. We have been to both our churches to worship together. The closer we grow, the better it feels. I could come to believe in reincarnation; in meeting Janice, I feel like I've known her for years and years. I've never developed this kind of depth in a relationship (friendship or anything more) so quickly before. It could make a person's head spin, except we have each other to hold on to and to steady us.

Two is better than one for me. I have learned that I am made to be half of a larger whole with another. I had wondered if being single would be my future. Message received: Nope.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Jim- I'm glad you're finding that hollow being filled. You sound at peace- and that's got to be a good thing.