Mental noodling on issues close to my heart.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Little Cologne Goes a Long Way


I have only worn cologne a few times in the last year. Just didn't feel like it, I suppose. Last weekend I got it in my head that I wanted to use some bayrum cologne that I've had for the last 10 years. I couldn't find it. Boo. So I went online to find some. I received my new supply yesterday. My kids don't like it, but I do. It's a comfortable smell. It makes me feel better. Alanna liked my old bayrum cologne. Being only a week from Valentine's Day and just over a month from the anniversary of her death, I wearing something she liked. It used to bug her that I'd cut my hair short, even though she had fun playing with it. Last night I cut it real short. I'm feeling a bit melancholy but in a good place all the same. A little cologne goes a long way.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Jimbo!
Would love to smell ya!

Anonymous said...

Bay rum is a favorite of mine, too. BTW, it's derived from bay leaves and grapefruit.
Papa

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,

my first time here old friend. My college son rolled his eyes at me last time he was home when he realized that I dropped the Tommy Bahama and went back to Polo. My wife likes polo and I have worn it since Fresh year of college.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wife. I don't know what happened, but I know I would be devastated if my wife was suddenly gone.

Jeff Plumley