Mental noodling on issues close to my heart.

Friday, February 27, 2009

How fast doth feelings bloom?

Those of you who know me are probably aware of my ability to jump head first into things that matter to me. It may not even surprise you to hear that I believe in love at first sight, although I don't think it happens often.

So how fast can feelings develop between two people who meet via the internet? I have been hopeful and skeptical all at the same time as I have spent a whopping two weeks on eHarmony.com. I met a very nice, very assertive (in the best sense) new friend on Sunday. We are emailing madly. I feel like a teenager again. All this in four and a half days. Unbelievable? No. I considered surprising her at the airport at 5am tomorrow to meet her for the first time. Stupid? Perhaps. Her mother and sister will be there, too, so I think I'll reign in the wild team of horses pulling at me tonight. If she were to call and invite me to see her off...I'd happily make do with a few less hours of sleep for the night.

Some of you will think me off my rocker. Some will shake their heads and say, "Yup. Sounds like Jim." Perhaps my new friend will read this eventually. Who knows what might come of that? Am I in love? Hey, don't rush me. We haven't been face-to-face, yet, for Pete's sake. Check back, though. I want to know the answer to that, too.

3 comments:

Dana said...

I have so many questions?!? I'm very excited for you...how ever it goes. I'm proud of you too...it takes courage to meet change head on. I'm not sure I could do it, speaking from my comfortably, gratefuly, married view. I will keep you in my little talks with God as He moves and shifts your world. I'm wishing and praying for only good and wonderful things for you my brother, Jim.
God is good...all the time.
Dana

Erin said...

Whatever ya do, have a good time! Your sis

Gee-o said...

I've heard some good things about eHarmony. A previous coworker at the bank met his wife via eHarmony. Enjoy the new friendship.