Mental noodling on issues close to my heart.

Monday, February 01, 2010

Another New Normal

It has been a couple of years since the phrase "the new normal" crept into my vocabulary. That was a very different set of circumstances, even though it was not that long ago. There have been many iterations of "the new normal" in the last two years; perhaps a lifetime's worth by some people's reckoning.

Now there's a new normal forming again. In some ways it has many characteristics of some of the older normals. In many ways it is brand new and exciting. The little irritations that come from getting used to new people on a daily basis also offer huge possibilities in growth for us all. I, personally, have noticed a great deal of growth in how I am handling all my personal relationships.

As the new normal develops, schedule changes come up. Some things tighten up, others loosen. Still, the needs are met and we all adapt as best as we can. As an example, I'm attending Sunday School as a student for the first time since 2001, but it's at my new wife's church. I grow, but things change, too. Change and growth go hand-in-hand. Lots of things are changing. I pray that I am growing as much as possible, too.

No comments: